Rolling out of bed after working your ass off the whole week, a Bottomless Mimosas is one of the best ways to reward yourself.
I got the pleasure of rewarding myself last Sunday and let me tell you there is nothing like wining down with a brunch buffet ( including dipping rice krispy treats in a chocolate fountain). Sharing laughs amongst friends was the ultimate remedy. All thanks to my yearly LIM College alumni, “Brunch and Bubbly” event at the Hornblower Infinity Cruise. The cruise included the buffet, bottomless mimosas, a stunning Manhattan scenery and great classical music it was indeed the perfect day off.
For this occasion since you have the help of liquid courage, you’ve got to make sure you’re in it for the long haul. Once you start you never know where the day may take you. The key is to dress comfortable, not super casual.
Before I went to the event, I took a long look at my mirror and checked off my “What To Wear To A Bottomless Mimosas Brunch” checklist.
- LEAVE THE JEANS AT HOME: If you’re not up to wear a dress, it’s ok just opt out for a jumpsuit or a skirt. But you can keep the denim wear for a more casual setting
2. PUT YOUR HAIR UP: In all honesty, the drinks are unlimited you don’t want to bother fixing your hair every five seconds. Go with the following three hair styles, the easy messy bun (you could never go wrong with this one) A chic ponytail and a halfway up ponytail like the one I’m sporting in the photos.
3. ACCESSORIES: You don’t want to be bling’d out, but you can tune into your inner stylist, and whether it is a chunky necklace or mini clutch it will be a great conversation starter with friends you haven’t seen in a long time. You know how it goes, “It feels like forever I haven’t seen you, your working that silver swirl drops earrings.”
4. BE ABLE TO WALK IN YOUR SHOES: (IN CASE OF THE DRUNK STUMBLE) Thanks to the warmer weather emerging, you can now wear sandals, flats, wedges or block heels.
5. PICKING THE RIGHT HUE: So many people will tell you to rock white to brunch, yet they fail to mention the possibility of staining your clothes. If you’re looking to wear a lighter shade instead of white, a khaki will work more in your favor. Depending on the season, you don’t want to walk around looking like you got a dress for Easter. Since Easter has passed and it is right before Memorial Day Weekend, I decided on a Red Bell Sleeve Bodycon.
Shop My Look Below
Bell Sleeve BodyCon Dress: Symphony
Red Strappy Block Heels: Comfortview
Opal Chunky Necklace: Street Fair similar version on Esty